Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Week 5

Assignment 1& 2

I'm combining assignment 1 and 2 because Early Word was one of the resources that I chose.

So, things I like about Early Word:
  • The "Titles To Know" posts. These post will give you the books Early Word thinks will be popular that week.
  • Best Books categories links on the left side of the page.
  • Live author chats. I'm just waiting for an author I really like.
  • Movie Trailers! While it's good to know what movies are coming out so you can keep the book in mind for customers, I've seen a few trailers for movies that I was waiting for that I didn't know were out.
  • Best Seller / Award Winner links. Nice to have them in one place.
What I probably wouldn't use:
  • The Best Books spreadsheets. They are way too busy to use. I get a headache just trying to look at them. 

Assignment 3

The Magician's Land by Lev Grossman

The Magician's Land is Lev Grossman's third book in the magicians trilogy. This fast paced fantasy fiction will appeal to adults and young adults who enjoy a gritty fantasy set in a magical world. Fans of Gaiman's Neverwhere and Raymond Feist's Shards of a Broken Crown are sure to enjoy this book. Those who read the first two books in this series will be anxiously awaiting this trilogy's conclusion.

This book is scheduled to be released on August 5th, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment