Monday, September 1, 2014

Week 9

Assignment 1

Articles read. The YouTube trailers I watched were for My Life Undecided by Jessica Brody, Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi., and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. All the trailers had at least 75,000 hits.


Assignment 2

Just like the writer from the Chicago Tribune said, I didn't even know book trailers even existed before working on this assignment. Out of the three I watched the only one that really peaked my interest was the one for Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. The other two I watched weren't very well done and didn't really do anything for me. I did notice that there were a lot of people commenting in the comments section though, both good and bad reviews, so I guess these things are important to someone.


Assignment 3

I guess what I got out of this program is that readers advisory is still one of my weaker skills, but this has helped me get better at them. I think being forced to read websites and blogs on specific genres was a help. Especially since I was following genres that I don't read. Week eight was enlightening as I read non-fiction but never thought to offer read-alikes to those who read fiction in the same genre. And then there is writing blog post, or reviews, about a book. This was difficult but after getting a few pointers from another librarian who is really good writing them, I think I got better composing them. At least I feel more confident when I go to write one. While this assignment was tough at times it was definitely worth doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment